From the year 2000-01 the Karnataka State Cooperative Marketing Federation Ltd., has made a memorable contribution to the Governments mandate by purchasing various agricultural products from farmers under the support pricing scheme to ensure better prices for the crops grown by the farmers.
- NAFED/FCI on behalf of central govt act as nodal agency at national level and notify the dates, detailed terms & conditions for P.S.S. schemes(Price Stability Schemes)
- KSCMF LTD., act as State Level Support (SLS)/Sub agency and it instructs all its notified branches to initiate procurement operation at state level.
- At district level, District task force committee is constituted to co-ordinate the procurement operation.
- As per NAFED/FCI/KFCSC Guidelines, farmer registration is taken up at 1st stage and at 2nd stage purchase of commodity is carried out as per prescribed FAQ norms and at notified centers.
- After purchase, the stock is deposited in warehouse and for the same quantity warehouse receipt is obtained and same will be submitted to NAFED/FCI.
- NAFED will release amount according to warehouse receipt and same will be credited to farmers through Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS).